You can look into any muscle-building magazine or book and you’ll find literally hundreds of different exercises, all claiming to be superior to one another. Keep in mind that any exercise that produces a positive adaptation response is a good thing. There just happens to be great exercises and amazing exercises. Let’s take a look at the exercises that science has shown to be some of the best in the fitness world. Are you ready to build muscle fast and lose weight? Let's bring it down to basics.
You’re probably not surprised that this one is on the list. Squats have long been considered one of the best exercises around to build muscle fast. In fact, every workout program needs to incorporate some form of squat because of the number of benefits it provides. Check out this link for a full breakdown of the squat.
• Hip flexors
• Shown to dramatically boost growth hormone levels
• Increases overall performance in other areas such as jumping
• Increases bone density and strength
Another classic of the bodybuilding world, the deadlift is a compound movement that packs the most bang for your buck. Check out this link for a full breakdown of the deadlift.
• Lower back
• Hip flexors
• Due to the compound movement, fat burning potential is maximized with this exercise
• Helps to manage and improve lower back pain
• Improves mobility and stability
Last but not least is the bench press. When performed correctly, the bench press is an excellent way to build plenty of upper body muscle mass. Like the other two exercises above, to maximize your gains you need to perfect the form and posture of the movement. Check out this link for a full breakdown of the bench press.
• Dramatically increases your ability to throw (great for athletes)
• Supports lean muscle tissue growth
• Increases your “push” strength (think about generating maximum force production)
The three exercises listed below may not have come as a shock to you but think about the “classic” title that they’ve earned. These exercises have been around for a very long time and there’s a reason for that: they work! Master these three to see a real difference in your muscle gains. If you're looking to learn about the strength training benefits, check out our article "Benefits of Strength Training".
Are you ready to build muscle fast and break through your plateau?
Comments will be approved before showing up.