|Formula Ingredient Deck
||Benefits Of Each Ingredient
|Vitamin B6 pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (PLP)
- Serves as a cofactor in more than 150 enzymatic reactions associated in blood sugar regulation, immunity, cardiovascular function, neuronal health, metabolic, and digestive health (38, 40).
- Reduces plasma glucose (blood sugar levels) via by inhibiting the activity of small-intestinal α-glucosidases (enzymes associated with glucose metabolism) (39).
- Functions as an antioxidant by counteracting the formation of reactive oxygen species (inflammatory markers) and advanced glycation end-products (38,40).
- May support blood sugar regulation in women with gestational diabetes (40).
- cofactor for enzymes involved in DNA metabolism (40).
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- Major B vitamin that supports cardiovascular health by inhibiting hepatic(liver) triglyceride synthesis, reducing very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) secretion, and increasing HDL plasma concentrations (9).
- Reduces conversion of VLDL into LDL proteins and serum lipoprotein concentrations in plasma (blood) (9).
- Vital for regulation of gene expression, cell cycle progression, and DNA repair, and cell death (9).
- Supports healthy inflammatory response via antioxidant and anti-apoptotic (prevention of cell death) properties (9).
- Prevents pathologies(diseases) such as Pellagra and reduces prevalence of nervous anorexia, cancer, and crohn's disease (10, 11).
- Supports sensitization of tumors to radiation via apoptosis (cell death) cascade of tumor mass and improves oxygen delivery to malignant tissues (cancer cells) (12).
- Supports cognitive health by reducing age-related decline of NAD+, increasing quinolinic acid and reducing neuroinflammation (9).
- Increased niacin associated NAD+ levels have been shown to increase neurotransmission, learning and memory (9).
- Niacin reduces the prevalence of neurodegenerative pathologies by preventing mitochondrial dysfunction (9).
- Optimizes energy, cognitive function, and mental alertness (24).
- Supplementation with caffeine has been shown to acutely enhance exercise performance (24).
- Supports cardiovascular health and exercise performance by increasing the production of l-arginine (34).
- Increases nitric oxide production, improves exercise performance, and increases blood flow to exercising skeletal muscle (35).
- Supports strength increases, exercise endurance, and recovery (34,35).
- May reduce blood pressure by increasing vascular function (34).
- Increases absorption of amino acids and curcumin.
|Folate (Folic Acid)
- May support proper cell growth and DNA synthesis (65).
|Vitamin B-12 (Methylcobalamin)
- Metabolically active, methylated form of Vitamin B12 needed for proper DNA synthesis, folate cycle function, energy production, cognitive function, and immune health (51,53).
- Aids as an antioxidant via direct scavenging of reactive oxygen species (inflammation), preserving l-glutathione levels (master antioxidant), and reducing oxidative stress (51).
- May prevent vitamin b-12 deficiency diseases such as anemia, neurodegenerative disease, cardiovascular disease, and osteoporosis (53).
- Optimizes exercise performance, muscle mass, strength, thermoregulation, recovery, and intramuscular stores of phosphocreatine (PCr) (47).
- Vital for the energy reaction of every cell in the human body as a spatial energy shuttle and energy sensor (47,50).
- Vital in bioenergetics (metabolic activity) of the brain (50).
- Fuels CD8 and CD4 T- cell-mediated immunity (immune cells) in cancer tissue (48,49).
- Supports cognition and focus via replenishment of cerebral storage of creatine (creatine in the brain) (50).
- Supports cognitive health in brain creatine deficiency associated with neurodegenerative diseases (50).
- Supports cognitive health by enhancing the facilitation of synaptic glutamate and neurotransmitter uptake (50).
- Supports memory, cognitive flexibility, the executive function of the brain, and convergent thinking (60).
- The precursor to dopamine and is vital for dopamine synthesis in the brain (60).
- Supports cognitive function in individuals with high amounts of stress and anxiety (60,61).
- Increases dopamine levels in highly stressed individuals (60).
- Essential for cell membrane integrity, cell messaging, fat metabolism, DNA synthesis, immune support, and nervous system function (62,63).
- Serves as a methyl donor and as a precursor for the production of cell membranes (62).
- Precursor for acetylcholine (neurotransmitter) which activates receptors in the central nervous system-mediated immune responses (α7nAchR) (64).
- Lifelong choline supplementation may combat neurodegenerative diseases by reducing amyloid-β plaque load (plaques of degrading neurons) (62).
- Reduces the concentration of total homocysteine (inflammation marker) in individuals with low levels of folate and other B vitamins (B₂, B₆, and B₁₂) (62).
- Increases acetylcholine levels in the brain.
- A unique non-protein amino acid found in green tea (Camellia sinensis) (53).
- Supports mood, mental clarity, and cognitive health, memory, and is a natural anti-depressant/neuroprotective agent (53).
- Aids as an antidepressant due to partial antagonism for the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor manifesting its cognitive optimizing effects (53).
- Reduces the neuropsychiatric side effects of chronic adolescent THC exposure (54).
- Supports cognitive function, memory, alertness, and aids as an anti-stress agent (57).
- May combat inflammatory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, dropsy, and rheumatism (56,59).
- Bacopa has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects on macrophages (immune cells) and inhibits the release of IL-6 and TNF-α (inflammatory markers) from monocytes (immune cells) (58,59,).
- A promising candidate for the development of novel therapeutics that target neuroinflammation and have the potential for treating a wide range of CNS disorders including Alzheimer's disease, depression, and schizophrenia (59).